General Assembly November 26
Group coordinated efforts for food drive, personal items drive and Occupy Black Friday;
“Shop Local flyers” were distributed at United Market and 4th Street Plaza. Posters are also available for display in stores;
Flyers handed out for food and personal items drive listing items needed;
Ideas for implementing Soapbox were discussed. Craig S. will facilitate one in Fairfax and report back to the GA;
Alan B. talked about working on a future proposal to build our numbers by expanding Occupy throughout the county, perhaps by town hall type meetings;
Ongoing discussions about occupying city councils and developing a platform.
The independent media postcard is in the works. Comments, additions and potential edits are being reviewed and incorporated for presentation to the GA.
The idea of a special event or action connected with each weekly GA was discussed. Proposals will be made at a future GA.
1. Occupy City Plaza on December 1, 4:30 – 7:00 pm, in conjunction with large demonstration by other civic action groups. (Consensus)
2. Corporate Pledge of Allegiance proposal to be forwarded to OWS for vetting. After lengthy discussion, working group was formed to finish framing the proposal which will be posted on the website for review. (Tabled at least one week for WG to complete.)
3. Building miniature tents to hold as symbol of occupation. (Tabled)
4. Write a statement of solidarity with bi-coastal port closure day of action on December 12. (Consensus.)
5. Enlarge and laminate the OWS NYC Declaration for display at Occupy Marin GA.